VCCSL designs, develops and undertakes projects that are capable of generating carbon revenues to improve livelihoods of rural communities by working closely with international agencies, governments, industry, research institutions, funding agencies and NGO partners to bring consolidated benefits to the poor who are hit hardest by climate change.
- The only organization in India to have delivered revenue from the sale of carbon credits to the farmers twice.
- Created as an institutional delivery mechanism as per the advice of the World Bank to build Indian capacity in implementing climate change mitigation and adaptation projects
- Responsible for delivery of carbon credits to enterprises and carbon revenue to the farmers.
- Provides support and hand-holding to farmers up to receipt of Carbon Emission Reductions (CERs)/ Voluntary Emission Reductions (VERs)/ Carbon Removal Units (CRUs).
- Focuses mainly on rural and allied sectors to benefit from CDM (Clean Development Mechanism) and voluntary market mechanisms.
- Committed to linking rural communities to the global mechanisms for sustainable development.
- Domain knowledge in sectors like forestry, agriculture, coastal management, agroforestry, horticulture, bio-energy, biofuels, etc.
- Experts in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Human Resources, Social Change Management, Community development, and Environment
- Strong tie-ups with international institutions, experts, consulting organizations, NGOs, companies, etc.
Advisory and Consulting services offered
Pre Development stage services
Development stage services
Our Team Members
VCCSL is headed by Board of Directors with experts and eminent persons in various fields. The President, Dr. Satyanarayana co-ordinates all the activities and is assisted by professional staff and consultants.